It can be used in interesting ways… Check it out at http://danielrapp.github.io/doppler/
Four alternative CMS to WordPress I recently discovered (presented in no particular order):
- PencilBlue – Requires nodeJs
- Bolt – Silex based with Symfony components
- October – Laravel based
- Builder Engine – Codeingiter based
- Cockpit – Maybe I already posted this one, but it fits perfectly on this list. More developer oriented, like a pre-made backoffice to create content and an API to get those contents. Clever project.
- ci_bootstrap_3 – less polished, more of a developer thing, but is a good mix of components based on Codeingiter 3.